Tattoo Safety Advice
With the advent of many communicable diseases, some fatal, it has been necessary to institute certain isolation and sterilization procedures in the tattoo process to assure the public of a safe, risk-free tattoo. The following advice has been prepared by professional tattooists working with local, state and national health authorities.
1. Always insist that you see your tattooist remove a new needle & tube set-up from a sealed envelope immediately prior to your tattoo
2. Be certain you see your tattooist pour a new ink supply into a new disposable container.
3. Make sure your artist puts on a new pair of disposable gloves before setting up tubes, needles, and ink supplies.
4. Satisfy yourself that the shop furnishings & tattooist are clean & orderly in appearance; much like a medical facility.
5. Feel free to question the tattooist as to any of his/her sterile procedures & isolation techniques. Take time to observe them at work & do not hesitate to inquire about their experience & qualifications in the tattoo field.
6. If the tattooist is a qualified professional, they will have no problem complying with standards above & beyond these simple guidelines.
7. If the artist or studio does not appear up to these standards or if they become evasive when questioned, seek out a PROFESSIONAL tattooist.